- Anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugsAnticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs: Theoretically, pantethine may increase the risk of bleeding when taken with other drugs that affect platelet aggregation (31; 35).
- HMGCoA reductase inhibitorsHMG-CoA reductase inhibitors: May produce additive lipid-modulating effects (21; 15; 22; 23; 24; 25; 18; 26; 27).
- Probucol, cysteamineProbucol, cysteamine: May cause additive lipid-lowering effects (36).
- Anticoagulant/antiplatelet agentsAnticoagulant/antiplatelet agents: May increase the risk of bleeding (31; 35).
- Lipid-lowering agentsLipid-lowering agents: May produce additive lipid-modulating effects (21; 15; 22; 23; 24; 25; 18; 26; 27; 36).
- Insufficient available evidence.
- ACTH, cortisol, prolactin, somatotropic homoneACTH, cortisol, prolactin, somatotropic homone: Pantethine may interact with these hormonal parameters (37).
- AcetaldehydeAcetaldehyde: Pantethine may inhibit acetylaldehyde increases following alcohol ingestion (38).
- HomocysteineHomocysteine: Increased levels of homocysteine may negatively impact the biosynthesis of pantethine (39).
- Lipid assaysLipid assays: Pantethine may reduce atherogenic lipid fractions and increase HDL cholesterol and apolipoprotein A (15).
- Oxytocin and vasopressinOxytocin and vasopressin: Pantethine may decrease oxytocin and vasopressin levels through intracellular conversion of cysteamine (40).
- PlateletsPlatelets: Pantethine may inhibit platelet functions (35; 31).
- SomatostatinSomatostatin: Pantethine may decrease the striatal concentration of somatostatin (2; 41).
Copyright © 2011 Natural Standard (www.naturalstandard.com)
The information in this monograph is intended for informational purposes only, and is meant to help users better understand health concerns. Information is based on review of scientific research data, historical practice patterns, and clinical experience. This information should not be interpreted as specific medical advice. Users should consult with a qualified healthcare provider for specific questions regarding therapies, diagnosis and/or health conditions, prior to making therapeutic decisions.